Policies taken from Commonwealth of MA guidelines for Close Contact Personal Services
For the BUILDING: Roots and Wings policy is
- All doors will be locked.
- Remain in your vehicle until called by your practitioner to come in. I will come to the door to let you in and take your temperature. A temperature over 100.4 degrees Farenheit will require cancellation of your appointment.
- Wearing of a well-fitting face covering is REQUIRED at all times in the building.
Recent data from the CDC suggests that person to person exposure for extended time periods is the primary means of transmission of COVID-19 via suspended airborne droplets. Therefore face covering is critical during your treatment session. Your mask protects me, my mask protects you.
Once in the office, you will be required to sign a short form acknowledging that
- It is not possible to reduce your risk of exposure to COVID-19 to zero.
- Procedures have been initiated which are intended to reduce your risk as much as possible. You also acknowledge that you have read and understand these procedures.
- Symptoms: You will be asked to complete a short form regarding any symptoms you may be experiencing (see below). If you currently have any of these symptoms, your appointment will be postponed. You will not be charged for this visit.
- Wall air flow unit will be running at all times to keep air circulating to the outside. Windows will be open if weather permits. A fan may also be used to cirulate air to the outside.
Social Distancing** and Hand Hygiene:I will not be doing any work on the face. Neck work will only be done if necessary. Sanitizing and disinfecting:
- Appointment times are staggered to allow 30 minutes for cleaning/sanitizing between clients.
- All table coverings are changed between each patient.
- Common use surfaces will be wiped with an EPA registered disinfectant for coronavirus, door knobs, table, chair, other surfaces with which patients come in contact.
- Patients MUST wear a face covering at all times.
- I will be wearing a face mask, gloves (required by the commonwealth at present), Face Shield and a scrub shirt – changed between patients.
- I am sanitizing my hands between patients (after sanitizing the room) and often during the treatment.
- Prepay online. There are payment buttons on my website which take you to paypal. You do not need a pay pal account. You may use any of the major credit cards.
- If you use a card that supports contactless payment, I have that option in the office.
- I can send you an invoice prior to your appointment which you can pay with a credit card.
- Normal payment options are also still available (credit card scan or check).
** I am obligated to try to use social distancing whenever possible, but given the nature of what I do, this is really not feasible.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Congestion or runny nose***
*** If you suffer from seasonal allergies, please premedicate. If you are sneezing or coughing, your visit will have to be rescheduled.